CMS has contracted with Acumen, LLC to develop episode-based cost measures for their potential use in the Cost performance category of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). As part of Wave 3 of measure development, Acumen, LLC is hosting workgroup webinars in October 2020 that will be open to the public with a listen-only option. Stakeholders and members of the public are invited to listen in on the considerations and discussions that inform cost measure development. Please feel free to share this message with anyone you believe may be interested.
Acumen, LLC will convene the expert workgroups via webinar to provide additional input to inform further refinements to the measure specifications, based upon their review and discussion of stakeholder feedback and updated testing results following a national field test held from August 17 to September 18, 2020.
The times and dates for the workgroup Post-Field Test Refinement (PFTR) webinars are listed below. To register, please click on the webinar(s) you are interested in attending:
- Colon and Rectal Resection: Monday, October 5, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- Asthma/Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Sepsis: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. EDT
- Melanoma Resection: Thursday, October 8, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. EDT
- Diabetes: Friday, October 9, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EDT
Information about the measure development process, the recent field test, and development activities undertaken in previous years can be found on the MACRA Feedback Page. Summaries of the previous Wave 3 Clinical Subcommittee and Workgroup meetings are also available for download on the page.
- If you have any questions about measure development, the Wave 3 Clinical Subcommittees and workgroups, or the workgroup meetings, please contact Acumen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about MIPS, the Cost performance category or cost measures currently in use in MIPS, contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, please consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 a.m. and after 2 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.
Connect with Healthcentric Advisors, your local technical assistance organization. We provide no-cost technical assistance to small, underserved, and rural practices to help you successfully participate in the Quality Payment Program.