The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has added new performance information to the Doctors & Clinicians section of Medicare Care Compare and in the Provider Data Catalog (PDC), the successor websites to Physician Compare and the Physician Compare Downloadable Database.
Medicare patients and caregivers can use the Care Compare website to search for and compare doctors, clinicians and groups who are enrolled in Medicare. Publicly reporting 2018 Quality Payment Program performance helps empower patients to select and access the right care from the right provider.
Specifically, the 2018 Quality Payment Program performance information on Care Compare clinician and group profile pages includes:
- 77 MIPS quality measures reported by clinicians and displayed as measure-level star ratings on their profile pages;
- 84 MIPS quality measures reported by groups and displayed as measure-level star ratings on group profile pages;
- 7 Consumer Assessment for Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS summary survey score measures displayed as top-box percent performance scores on group profile pages;
- 9 Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) quality measures reported by individual doctors and clinicians displayed as star ratings on their profile pages; and
- 9 Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) quality measures reported by groups displayed as star ratings on group profile pages.
Additionally, for the first time in Performance Year (PY) 2018:
- 13 Promoting Interoperability (PI) measures are reported as star ratings on clinician profile pages for individuals and groups;
- 10 PI attestations are reported as a checkmark on clinician and group profile pages;
- 113 Improvement Activity (IA) attestations are reported as checkmarks on clinician and group profile pages; and
- PY 2018 aggregate MIPS performance information is reported in the
The 2018 Medicare Shared Savings Program and Next Generation Accountable Care Organization (ACO) performance information is publicly reported on Care Compare ACO profile pages and in the PDC.
Visit the Physician Compare Initiative page for details about the 2018 Quality Payment Program performance information that has been added to Care Compare profile pages for MIPS doctors and clinicians:
- 2018 Quality Payment Program Performance Information Published on Care Compare Fact Sheet
- 2018 Clinician Performance Information
- 2018 Group Performance Information
- 2018 ACO Performance Information
- 2018 Doctors & Clinicians Star Ratings Fact Sheet
- 2018 Clinician Star Rating Cut-offs
- 2018 Group Star Rating Cut-offs
- 2018 Doctors & Clinicians Measures and Activities Plain Language Crosswalk
If you have any questions about public reporting for doctors and clinicians, please contact us at PhysicianCompare-Helpdesk@AcumenLLC.com.
Important! Physician Compare has sunset as of December 1, 2020, but you’ll still be able to find the same information about doctors and clinicians and other health care providers on Care Compare on Medicare.gov. The Provider Data Catalog on CMS.gov also makes it easier for you to search and download our publicly reported data. Start using these tools today.