You can now visit the Quality Payment Program (QPP) Participation Status Tool and review your final 2020 eligibility status for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
We’ve updated your eligibility status based on our second review of Medicare Part B claims and PECOS data, from October 1, 2019, to September 30, 2020.
Review Your 2020 Eligibility
Your status may have changed, so we encourage you to use the QPP Participation Status Tool to confirm your final 2020 MIPS eligibility.
If, after the first review earlier this year, you were determined to be:
- Eligible for MIPS: Your eligibility status could have changed, and you may no longer be eligible. You should use the tool to make sure you’re still eligible.
- Not eligible for MIPS at a particular practice: Your eligibility status, based on your association with that particular practice, didn’t change unless you were identified as a participant in a MIPS APM.
Please note, if you joined a new practice (meaning you billed under, or assigned your billing rights to, a new or different TIN) between October 1, 2019, and September 30, 2020, we evaluated your MIPS eligibility based on your association with that new practice (identified by TIN) during this second review.
Clinicians that joined a new practice after September 30, 2020 are not eligible for MIPS as an individual based on your association with that new practice (identified by TIN). However, you may be eligible to receive a MIPS payment adjustment based on your group’s participation, if the new practice you joined chooses to participate in MIPS as a group.
COVID-19 and 2020 Participation: Exception Application Deadline Extension
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all clinicians across the United States and territories. However, CMS recognizes that not all practices have been impacted by COVID-19 to the same extent. For the 2020 performance year, CMS will be using our Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances policy to allow MIPS eligible clinicians, groups, and virtual groups to submit an application requesting reweighting of one or more MIPS performance categories to 0% due to the current COVID-19 public health emergency.
If you have any concerns about the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on your performance data, including cost measures, for the 2020 performance period, submit an application now and be sure to cite COVID-19 as the reason for your application. We’ve extended the deadline to February 1, 2021.
For More Information
- Visit the MIPS Participation page on the Quality Payment Program website.
- Check out the 2020 Eligibility and Participation Quick Start Guide and 2020 MIPS Eligibility and Participation User Guide.
- Check out the 2020 MIPS Exceptions Application Fact Sheet or the Quality Payment Program website
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.