CMS Releases 2018 Quality Payment Program Performance Data
Today, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the final 2018 performance data for the Quality Payment Program. We announced the preliminary data earlier this year, and now we have released additional data elements that show significant success and participation in both the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) paths
We heard from you that this program was a big change for many clinicians and we worked with you to improve the program. Therefore, we are pleased to announce that clinician participation rates and success in QPP increased from 2017 to 2018.
2018 Performance Highlights
The final 2018 performance feedback data revealed:
- 98% of eligible clinicians participated in MIPS in 2018— up from 95% in 2017
- 98% of eligible clinicians exceeded the performance threshold score of 15 points to receive a positive payment adjustment— up from 93% in 2017
- 356,353 clinicians participated in MIPS through APMs— up from 341,220 in 2017
We continue with our commitment to build a program that is fully transparent and provides accurate information. We are also committed to continuing to provide the MIPS performance data points that, based on your feedback, will be most useful to you right now. Additionally, we plan to provide a comprehensive 2018 MIPS Experience Report in the coming months that documents national trends for MIPS eligibility, participation, and reporting.
For a complete breakdown of the 2018 performance data, please see our blog post and 2018 Quality Payment Program Performance Year Data Infographic.
For More Information
To learn more about participating in the Quality Payment Program:
- Visit the Quality Payment Program website, CMS.GOV
- Find no-cost technical assistance for Small, Underserved, and Rural Practices
- Contact the Quality Payment Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-288-8292. Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS communications assistant.