CMS is pleased to share that despite the challenges caused by the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, clinicians still overwhelmingly engaged* in QPP and submitted 2019 data.
Key findings include the following (please note this message updates two of the data points from the previous listserv):
- 97.44% of MIPS eligible clinicians engaged in QPP (correction).
- Overall, MIPS engagement rose from 871,838 clinicians in 2018 to 930,219 clinicians in 2019.
- MIPS APM participation rose from 356,546 clinicians in 2018 to 416,281 clinicians in 2019.
- 6.83% of MIPS eligible clinicians received reweighting of one or more MIPS performance categories (correction).
- The number of Qualifying Advanced Payment Model Participants (QPs) rose from 183,306 clinicians in 2018 to 195,564 in 2019.
*We define engaged clinicians as those who submitted some data to the program at the individual, group, virtual group, or APM Entity level (e.g., submitted one or more quality measures, attested to one or more improvement activities, etc.)
For More Information
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 a.m. and after 2 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.