- This event has passed.
CMS Special Open Door Forum: Physician Self-Referral Law
2 December 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
December 2, 2020, 2-3PM EDT | Conference Call Only
Please join us on Wednesday, December 2, at 2:00pm ET for a Special Open Door Forum to discuss a final rule released on November 20, to modernize and clarify the regulations that interpret the federal physician self-referral law (often called the “Stark Law”). The final rule supports the CMS “Patients over Paperwork” initiative by reducing unnecessary regulatory burdens on physicians and other healthcare providers while reinforcing the Stark Law’s goal of protecting patients from unnecessary services and being steered to less convenient, lower quality, or more expensive services because of a physician’s financial self-interest.
Topics will include:
- Exceptions that Facilitate the Transition to Value-based Care Delivery and Payment Arrangements
- New Guidance and Clarifications Related to Key Terminology of the Stark Law
- Flexibilities to Enhance Compliance and Reduce Burden
We look forward to your participation.
Special Open Door Participation Instructions:
- Dial-In Number: 1-888-455-1397
- Participant Passcode ID #: 2037400
- Note: TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
A transcript and audio recording of this Special ODF will be posted to the Podcast and Transcripts website at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/PodcastAndTranscripts.html for downloading.
For automatic emails of Open Door Forum schedule updates (E-Mailing list subscriptions) and to view Frequently Asked Questions please visit our website at http://www.cms.gov/OpenDoorForums/.