- This event has passed.
Maximizing Your MIPS Score: Advice for Solo and Small Practices
September 15 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused some unexpected challenges for solo and small group practices in the 2020 performance year. Meeting MIPS requirements may seem difficult this year, however understanding your options and how to meet requirements to earn 45 points while continuing to effectively serve your community and meet your financial goals is attainable. This event will feature a panel of experts who work regularly with small practices, understand each performance category, and know what is needed to avoid a penalty. The panel will focus on the basic requirements for each performance category, how to use telehealth measures and activities, suggestions for targeting measures and activities that make sense for your practice, and advice on applying for a hardship exception application.
Participants will learn:
- Basic MIPS requirements
- How to use telehealth measures and activities to earn MIPS points
- Practical tips for avoiding a penalty
- When to consider taking the hardship exception
- How to access Free technical assistance resources available right now from CMS or a local Technical Assistance Organization funded by CMS
This event is designed for:
- MIPS-eligible clinicians from solo and small group practices with 15 or fewer clinicians
- Practice managers and staff from small group practices tasked with submitting MIPS data
- Persons supporting small group practices that are preparing for MIPS data submission