Overview of the APM Performance Pathway
September 27 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is offering new resources around the Alternative Payment Model (APM) Performance Pathway, or the APP— a new reporting and scoring pathway for Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinicians who participate in MIPS APMs.
CMS is hosting a webinar on September 27 from 1:30-3:00 pm ET that will provide an overview of APP-related policies for the Quality Payment Program (QPP). During the webinar, CMS subject matter experts will review:
- Quality Payment Program basics
- APP reporting information
- APP requirements for Shared Savings Program ACOs
- APP reporting scenarios
Following the presentation, CMS will answer questions from attendees as time permits.
What is the APP?
The APP is complementary to the MIPS Value Pathways (MVPs) and include a single, pre-determined measure set that MIPS APM participants may report on at the individual, group, and/or APM Entity levels beginning with the 2021 performance year.
What are the benefits of reporting through the APP?
The APP is designed to provide reliable and consistent MIPS reporting requirements to reduce reporting burden and encourage continued APM participation.
Who is eligible to report through the APP?
Any MIPS eligible clinician who is on a participation list or affiliated practitioner list of any APM Entity participating in a MIPS APM on 1 of the 2021 snapshot dates (March 31, June 30, August 31, December 31, 2021) may report via the APP.
Is anyone required to report through the APP?
The APP is required for all Medicare Shared Savings Program accountable care organizations (ACOs), though MIPS eligible clinicians participating in those ACOs have the option to report through the APP outside of the ACO or participate in MIPS outside of the APP at the individual or group level.
Register for the 2021 APP Overview Webinar
- Title: Overview of the APM Performance Pathway
- Date: September 27, 2021
- Time: 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm ET
- Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/936279648244246031
- Audience: Clinicians and support staff who would like details on the APP, especially Shared Savings Program ACOs who are required to report using the APP in 2021.
Please check out the following resources to learn more about the APP:
- APM Performance Pathway Webpage
- 2021 APM Performance Pathway (APP) Toolkit, which has been updated to include the following:
- NEW! 2021 APM Performance Pathway Scoring Guide
- NEW! 2021 APP Data Aggregation Reporting Scenario
- 2021 APM Performance Pathway for MIPS APM Participants Fact Sheet
- APM Performance Pathway for MIPS APM Participants in 2021 Infographic
- 2021 APM Performance Pathway Quick Start Guide
- 2021 APM Performance Pathway Reporting Scenarios
- APM Performance Pathway for Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) User Guide
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, please consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10:00 a.m. and after 2:00 p.m. ET.
Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.