Overview Webinar: Alternative Payment Model (APM) Performance Pathway
January 21 @ 2:30 pm - 3:15 pm
The APP is a new reporting and scoring pathway for Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinicians who participate in MIPS APMs. During this webinar, CMS will provide a high-level overview of the APP, its benefits, and its requirements.
The APP is designed to reduce reporting burden, create new scoring opportunities for participants in MIPS APMs, and encourage continued APM participation.
- Title: APM Performance Pathway (APP) Overview Webinar
- Date: Thursday, January 21, 2021
- Time: 2:30 – 3:15p.m. ET
- Registration Link: https://app.webinar.net/ARn7P0pP1rZ
Who is eligible to report through the APP?
Any MIPS eligible clinician who is participating in a MIPS APM on 1 of the 2021 snapshot dates (March 31, June 30, August 31, December 31, 2021) may report via the APP.
Please note: The APP is required for all Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs). MIPS eligible clinicians participating in those ACOs also have the option to report through the APP outside of the ACO or participate in MIPS outside of the APP at the individual, group, or APM Entity level.
What are the performance category weights and reporting requirements for the APP in 2021?
- 50% of the MIPS Final Score
- Report on the 3 MIPS eCQM or CQM quality measures and the CAHPS for MIPS Survey measure in the APP measure sets
CMS calculates 2 administrative claims measures in the APP measure set(Note: For the 2021 performance year only, ACOs have the option to report the 10 CMS Web Interface measures in place of the 3 eCQM/MIPS CQM measures (001, 134, 236).)
- 0% of the MIPS Final Score
- No requirements
- 20% of the MIPS Final Score
Automatically assigned based on the improvement activity requirements of the MIPS APM in which the MIPS eligible clinician participates (note: All MIPS APM participants who report through the APP in 2021 will automatically receive 100% score for the Improvement Activities performance category).
- 30% of the MIPS Final Score
- Same reporting as traditional MIPS
For More Information:
Please review the following resources to learn more about the APP:
- APM Performance Pathway Webpage
- 2021 APM Performance Pathway (APP) for MIPS APM Participants Fact Sheet
- APM Performance Pathway for MIPS APM Participants in 2021 Infographic
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, please consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10:00 a.m. and after 2:00 p.m. ET.
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.