What We Bring to the Room: Reflecting on the Impact of Bias in Care
April 20 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Addressing Health Disparities to Reduce Opioid Use Harm
Join Healthcentric Advisors, a member of the IPRO QIN-QIO, to discover ways to identify and address disparities by embedding equity into targeted interventions to support individuals living with an OUD, their families, and care partners. Learn how an equitable approach to care considers an individual’s unique circumstances, increasing patient trust, communication and engagement.
- April 20, 11AM-12PM
- Register for the Webinar
- The topic of bias is increasingly gaining attention in healthcare. We see its effects in the numbers, outcomes, and the ways in which it compromises the potential for establishing trusting relationships between patients and providers. Yet, there still remains a need to define what bias is and is not.Moreover, COVID-19 transformed care delivery and how it is accessed by patients and communities. As our care systems and processes are disrupted and further evolve, the need to prioritize and address bias in practice remains a constant.This webinar will offer essential information on bias-related concepts, how bias affects care and patient outcomes, and practical strategies for reforming their methods of delivering care.
- Increase knowledge of implicit bias by defining it, how it contributes to a system of inequity, and affects clinical decision-making.
- Discuss strategies for promoting bias literacy.
- Encourage participants to consider how implicit bias is appearing in their practices.
- Consider what processes participants can change to address implicit bias.