Telebehavioral Health Webinar
April 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
April 15, 12–1PM EDT
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Office of Regional Operations invites you to a free webinar on Expanding Access to Medication—Based Treatment for OUD in Underserved Rural Areas Utilizing Telehealth.
Even before the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, only about 1 in 10 Americans with a substance use disorder (SUD) received needed treatment. Rural populations face additional challenges in accessing medications for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) due to a short supply of treatment programs and credentialed providers within a reasonable proximity. Today, the need to physically distance due to the COVID-19 pandemic presents further challenges for people seeking these services and the organizations providing them. This webinar discusses tips and promising strategies for addressing substance use disorder among vulnerable populations in rural areas with a focus on individuals with Opioid Use Disorder.
- Gain awareness of barriers vulnerable rural populations face in accessing substance use treatment
- Learn how to utilize different telemedicine platforms to improve accessibility of SUD/OUD treatment to underserved, rural populations
- Understand innovative telehealth strategies to increase access to evidenced based medication treatment for individuals with Opioid Use Disorder in underserved rural populations
- CAPT Christopher Bersani, PsyD, ABPP, Deputy Regional Administrator, Health Resources and Services Administration Office of Regional Operations, Region 1 Boston, Massachusetts.
- Eric Weintraub, MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry Director Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Co-Director of Adult Psychiatry, University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- Danielle Louder, Program Director, Northeast Telehealth Resource Center, Augusta, Maine.
- Webinar Moderator: Mariah LeStage, BUSPH MPH Candidate, Practicum Student at HRSA ORO Region 1, Boston, Massachusetts.
For More Information
This webinar is a close collaboration between the Office of Regional Operations Boston, Denver, and the Northeast Telehealth Resource Center. The series’ goal is to highlight innovative work addressing behavioral health, with a focus on substance use disorder, being accomplished by HRSA grantees through telebehavioral health in the context of COVID-19.
The PowerPoint presentations of the telebehavioral health webinar series will be e-mailed to all participants.