MIPS Additional 2019 Relief Measure
Please be advised, CMS is reopening the MIPS extreme and uncontrollable circumstances application for individuals, groups, and virtual groups.
Who should apply?
- Individual clinicians who started, but are unable to complete, their data submission
- Groups that started, but are unable to complete, their data submission
- Virtual groups that are unable to start or complete their data submission
- An application submitted between April 3 and April 30, 2020, citing COVID-19, will override any previous data submission.
- If you submit no data or only claims data for 2019, you will receive a neutral payment adjustment in 2021
- If you have submitted more than claims data through the QPP Portal (Improvement Activities, Quality, or Promoting Interoperability data) and you have not met the minimum threshold (30 points) you will receive a negative payment adjustment in 2021.
- Fill out an application online: https://qpp.cms.gov/mips/exception-applications
For more information
Please see the Quality Payment Program COVID-19 Response Fact Sheet: https://bit.ly/2yrotJq. To view your MIPS eligibility status, submitted data, and current points for 2019, sign in to your QPP Portal Account: qpp.cms.gov/login.
We are here to support you. Please reach out if we can be of any assistance.