The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has added the below new Quality Payment Program (QPP) resources to the QPP Resource Library.
Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Performance Year (PY) 2020
- 2020 MIPS Performance Feedback Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF): Answers FAQs about the QPP 2020 performance feedback and 2022 payment adjustment.
- 2022 MIPS Payment Year Payment Adjustment User Guide (PDF): Shares details regarding the 2022 payment adjustments based on MIPS Final Scores for PY 2020.
- 2020 Targeted Review Guide (PDF): Highlights important details for those who request that CMS review their 2020 performance feedback and lists the steps to request a targeted review.
- 2020 EUC Reweighting Requests Extension Guide (PDF): Provides step-by-step instructions for using the targeted review form to submit PY 2020 Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances (EUC) reweighting requests during the extended submission period.
MIPS PY 2021
- 2021 Traditional MIPS Scoring Guide (PDF): Includes details about how scores are calculated for MIPS in PY 2021.
- 2021 MIPS Automatic EUC Fact Sheet (PDF): Shares guidance regarding the 2021 MIPS automatic EUC policy for clinicians affected by natural disasters during 2021.
- 2021 Eligible Measure Applicability (EMA) and Denominator Reduction User Guide (PDF): Provides an overview of the EMA process and lists related quality measures by clinical topics for both registry and claims data submission.
MIPS PY 2022
- 2022 Virtual Group Toolkit (ZIP): Highlights important dates and overview information about the virtual group two-step election process.
Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- 2021 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) Notice for APM Incentive Payment Zip File (ZIP): Provides information on how those who are eligible to receive an APM Incentive Payment as a result of their QP status in PY 2019 can submit their billing information to CMS, if they haven’t yet received payment.
For More Information
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. ET) or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 a.m. and after 2 p.m. ET.
Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.