Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- MIPS Value Pathways (MVPs) Development Kick-Off Webinar: These webinar materials provide an overview of MVP development for the 2022 performance year and beyond:
2021 Performance Year
- 2021 Qualified Registries Qualified Posting: This document lists the 2021 Qualified Registries for MIPS.
- 2021 Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDRs) Qualified Posting: This document lists the 2021 Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDRs) for MIPS.
- 2021 Patient-Facing Encounter Codes (zip): This resource lists the determinants used to assess the non-patient facing status of 2021 MIPS eligible clinicians.
- The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015(MACRA) Wave 4 Cost Measure Development Presentation: This recording provides detailed information about the Wave 4 public comment approach.
2020 Performance Year
- 2020 MIPS Opt-In and Voluntary Reporting Election Toolkit (zip): This toolkit describes how to elect to opt-in or voluntary report to MIPS for the 2020 performance year.
- 2020 MIPS EMA and Denominator Reduction User Guide: This guide provides an overview of the Eligible Measures Applicable (EMA) process and lists related quality measures by clinical topic for both registry and claims data submission.
- 2020 Data Submission Videos: These videos provide an overview of 2020 data submission and review processes such as how to opt-in as a QPP eligible clinician and a registry, manual attestation of improvement activities and promoting interoperability measures, and file upload and quality scoring.
- 2020 Data Submission FAQs: This document helps answer frequently asked questions about data submission for the 2020 performance year of MIPS.
Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- 2020 and 2021 Comprehensive List of APMs: This resource displays the comprehensive list of APMs for the 2020 and 2021 performance years.
- 2020 APM Quality Scoring Resources (zip): These documents describe the APM Scoring Standard and methodology for the quality performance category for MIPS APMs in 2020.
For More Information
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 a.m. and after 2 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.