The Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS) has released Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) performance feedback and final scores for performance year 2020 and associated MIPS payment adjustment information for payment year 2022.
You can view your MIPS performance feedback, final score, and payment adjustment on the Quality Payment Program website.
You can access your 2020 MIPS performance feedback, 2020 final score, and 2022 payment adjustment information by:
- Going to cms.gov/login
- Logging in using your HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) system credentials; these are the same credentials that allowed you to submit your 2020 MIPS data
If you don’t have a HARP account, please refer to the Register for a HARP Account and Connect to an Organization documents in the QPP Access User Guide and start the process now.
For Shared Savings Program ACOs, please note that beginning August 5, 2021, you will be able to create a HARP account and manage your account in the ACO Management System (ACO-MS). Contact your ACO to find out how you can obtain a HARP account via ACO-MS. If you have any questions, please contact the ACO Information Center at SharedSavingsProgram@cms.hhs.gov or 1-888-734-6433 (Option 1).
To learn more about the information in your performance feedback, review the following 2020 MIPS Performance Feedback Resources:
- NEW! 2020 Performance Period Benchmarks (ZIP) – Identifies the performance period benchmark results (as available) for measures without a historical benchmark and provides general information about performance period benchmarks.
- 2020 MIPS Performance Feedback FAQs (PDF) – Highlights what performance feedback is, who receives the feedback, and how to access it on the Quality Payment Program website.
- 2022 MIPS Payment Year Payment Adjustment User Guide (PDF) – Reviews information about the calculation and application of MIPS payment adjustments, and answers frequently asked questions.
MIPS Eligible Clinicians Participating in MIPS Alternative Payment Model (APM) Entities
Individual clinicians and representatives of APM Entities will also be able to access performance feedback directly on the Quality Payment Program website using their HARP account. Note: Performance feedback is not related to model-specific requirements and assessments outside of the Quality Payment Program.
CMS has continued to implement flexibilities for the Quality Payment Program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We applied the MIPS automatic extreme and uncontrollable circumstances policy to all individual MIPS eligible clinicians for the 2020 performance period, and we reopened the 2020 Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Exception application to allow requests for reweighting of the MIPS performance categories to 0% for groups, virtual groups and APM Entities.
The 2020 MIPS final scores available on the Quality Payment Program website reflect these COVID-19 flexibilities. Learn more about the COVID-19 flexibilities in the COVID-19 Response Fact Sheet and COVID-19 Response Webpage.
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, please consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10:00 a.m. and after 2:00 p.m. ET.
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.