QPP Participation Status Tool Now Includes Third Snapshot of 2019 Qualifying APM Participant and MIPS APMs Data
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated its Quality Payment Program Participation Status Lookup Tool based on the third snapshot of data from Alternative Payment Model (APM) entities.
The third snapshot includes data from Medicare Part B claims with dates of service between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019. The tool includes 2019 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) APM participation status.
To learn more about how CMS determines QP and APM participation status for each snapshot, please view the 2019 QP Methodology Fact Sheet found in the 2019 QP Methodology Resources (zip).
What Does QP Status Mean?
If you qualify as a QP, this means you are:
How Do I Check My QP or APM Participation Status?
To view your QP or APM participation status at the individual level:
- Visit the Quality Payment Program Participation Status Lookup Tool.
- Enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).
To check your 2019 eligibility at the APM entity level:
- Log in to the CMS Quality Payment Program website. Learn how by downloading the QPP Access User Guide (zip).
- Browse to the Taxpayer Identification Number(s) affiliated with your entity.
- Access the details screen to view the eligibility status of every clinician based on their NPI.
For more information on APMs and lists of current APM participants, visit the QPP APM webpages.
Contact the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222). To receive assistance more quickly, consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 AM and after 2 PM ET.