Tool Now Includes First Snapshot of 2020 Qualifying APM Participant and MIPS APMs Data
On July 20, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated its Quality Payment Program Participation Status Tool based on the first snapshot of data from Alternative Payment Model (APM) entities. The first snapshot includes data from Medicare Part B claims with dates of service between January 1, 2020 and March 31, 2020. The tool includes 2020 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) APM participation status.
What Does QP Status Mean?
If you qualify as a QP, this means you are:
How Do I Check My QP or APM Participation Status?
To view your QP or APM participation status at the individual level:
- Visit the QPP Participation Status Tool.
- Enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).
To check your 2020 eligibility at the APM entity level:
- Log into the CMS Quality Payment Program website. Learn how by downloading the QPP Access User Guide.
- Browse to the Taxpayer Identification Number(s) affiliated with your entity.
- Access the details screen to view the eligibility status of every clinician based on their NPI.
For more information on APMs, visit the QPP APM webpages. For a comprehensive list of APMs and additional materials, visit the QPP Resource Library.
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, please consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10:00 a.m. and after 2:00 p.m. ET.
Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.