Now is a good time to review your 2019 MIPS performance feedback to help improve your 2020 reporting and decide if you will want to request a targeted review. To view your scores, log in to the Quality Payment Program (QPP) website using your HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) credentials, and review your performance feedback for all of your associated practices. If you are unsure of your HARP credentials, or still need to set up a HARP account, please see the QPP Access User Guide.
If you decide that you wish to submit a targeted review after reviewing your final scores, here are a few things you can do to prepare for your submission:
- Review your feedback
- Identify potential errors and explanations of the error(s)
- Gather supporting documentation such as:
- Supporting extracts from the MIPS-eligible clinician’s electronic health record (EHR)
- Copies of performance data provided to a third party by the clinician or group
- Copies of performance data submitted to CMS
- QPP Service Center ticket numbers
To submit a targeted review, sign into your HARP account, and complete the targeted review request form, which can be accessed from your performance feedback page.
Additionally, CMS implemented many flexibilities for the Quality Payment Program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that may affect your 2019 performance feedback. Your 2019 MIPS performance feedback will reflect performance category reweighting due to either the automatic extreme and uncontrollable circumstances policy, or an approved extreme and uncontrollable circumstances exception application due to COVID-19. Clinicians with approved exceptions will see either of the following reflected in their performance feedback:
- Automatic policy: Performance feedback will display a score of “N/A” for all performance categories for which an individual clinician did not submit data. Individual clinicians who didn’t submit any data will see a message that they qualify for the automatic extreme and uncontrollable circumstances policy.
- Approved application: Performance feedback will display a score of “N/A” for all performance categories that were included in the application.
Your performance feedback will still include any data that you submitted, even if the performance category was reweighted. Although you will not submit cost data, you will also see feedback on cost measures, provided that some data was submitted in another performance category.
To learn more about other flexibilities, review the QPP COVID-19 Response Fact Sheet. You can also reach out to your Technical Assistance Contractor for individualized support. To find the right person to talk to in your region, click here.