Reminder: The MIPS 2019 Data Submission Deadline is Less Than 30 Days Away
MIPS Eligible Clinicians Have Less Than 30 Days to Submit Data for 2019
The data submission deadline for Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinicians who participated in the 2019 performance period of the Quality Payment Program is less than 30 days away. Data can be submitted and updated any time until 8:00 p.m. EDT on March 31, 2020.
Please note, the data submission period through the CMS Web Interface for ACOs and pre-registered groups and virtual groups also closes on March 31, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. EDT. Quality measures reported via Medicare Part B claims have been submitted throughout the 2019 performance period. Sign in to qpp.cms.gov for your preliminary feedback on Part B claims measure data processed to date. We’ll update this feedback at the end of the submission period with claims processed by your Medicare Administrative Contractor within the 60 day run out period.
How to Submit Your 2019 MIPS Data
Clinicians will follow the steps outlined below to submit their data:
- Go to the Quality Payment Program website
- Sign in using your QPP access credentials (see below for directions)
- Submit your MIPS data for the 2019 performance period or review the data reported on your behalf by a third party.
How to Sign In to the Quality Payment Program Data Submission System
To sign in and submit data, clinicians will need to register in the HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) system. For clinicians who need help enrolling with HARP, please refer to the QPP Access User Guide.
Note: Clinicians who are not sure if they are eligible to participate in the Quality Payment Program can check their final eligibility status using the QPP Participation Status Lookup Tool. Clinicians and groups that are opt-in eligible will need to make an election before they can submit data. (No election is required for those who don’t want to participate in MIPS.)
Small, Underserved, and Rural Practice Support
Clinicians in small practices (including those in rural locations), health professional shortage areas, and medically underserved areas may request technical assistance from organizations that can provide no-cost support. To learn more about this support, or to connect with your local technical assistance organization, we encourage you to visit our Small, Underserved, and Rural Practices page on the Quality Payment Program website.
For More Information
- To learn more about how to submit data, please review the 2019 Data Submission FAQs and other resources available in the QPP Resource Library.
- Watch our series of data submission demo videos:
Please contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM ET or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.
- To receive assistance more quickly, consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 AM and after 2 PM ET.