The Quality Payment Program (QPP) Developer Preview environment is now open for testing QPP submissions for performance year 2020
What is the Developer Preview?
The Developer Preview is a testing environment that allows third party software developers to integrate with various QPP Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and test their development work prior to the 2020 performance year submissions window.
For more information about Developer Preview, please visit our Developer Tools which has a new section added to provide you further information on the Developer Preview,
Which QPP APIs are available in the Developer Preview?
The QPP Submissions API and CMS Web Interface API are now available in this testing environment. For more information about these APIs, please visit our Developer Tools,
Who Can Use the QPP APIs?
- The Submissions API is available to approved 2020 Vendors.
- If you are a new Vendor, your Developer Preview token is available for download on the qpp.cms.gov site.
- If you are a returning Vendor your existing Developer Preview token can be used.
- New! Developer Preview tokens can be downloaded from their new location on the Manage Access page. Please see https://cmsgov.github.io/qpp-developer-preview-docs/getting-started for detailed instructions.
- The CMS Web Interface API is available to developers supporting APM Entities or the groups and virtual groups who are registered to report through the CMS Web Interface.
For more detailed information about updates to the Submissions API and CMS Web Interface API, please refer to the developer preview resources in the Developer Tools section of the QPP website,
For information on QPP access and the Security Official role, please review the Quality Payment Program Access User Guide.
You may also contact the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.
Having issues accessing?
If you are getting an SSL error when trying to access the Developer Preview Testing environment endpoints, you may be affected by security changes. Please see https://cmsgov.github.io/qpp-developer-preview-docs/announcements for details.