What is the Developer Preview?
The Developer Preview is a testing environment that allows third-party software developers to integrate with various QPP Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and test their development work prior to the 2021 performance year submissions window.
For more information about Developer Preview, please visit the Developer Tools section of the QPP website.
Which QPP APIs are available in the Developer Preview?
The QPP Submissions API and CMS Web Interface API are now available in this testing environment. For more information about these APIs, please visit the Developer Tools section of the QPP website.
Who Can Use the QPP APIs?
- The Submissions API is available to approved 2021 Qualified Registries and Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDRs).
- If you’re a newly approved Qualified Registry or QCDR, your Developer Preview token is available for download by signing in to the qpp.cms.gov site.
- If you’re a returning Qualified Registry or QCDR, your existing Developer Preview token can be used.
- Developer Preview tokens can be downloaded from their new location on the Manage Access page. Please review the QPP Developer Preview Environment Documentation for detailed instructions.
- The CMS Web Interface API is available to developers supporting APM Entities or the groups and virtual groups who are registered to report through the CMS Web Interface.
For more detailed information about updates to the Submissions API and CMS Web Interface API, please refer to the developer preview resources in the Developer Tools section of the QPP website.
For information on QPP access and the Security Official role, please review the Quality Payment Program Access User Guide.
You may also contact the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET. To receive assistance more quickly, please consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 a.m. and after 2 p.m. ET.
Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.