Advancing Technology for Quality Reporting at CMS – Burden Reduction and FHIR
CMS recorded a presentation on how the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources® (FHIR) standard can be used to advance technology to reduce quality reporting burden and increase interoperability for our healthcare community. This presentation discusses the journey to FHIR® for quality, the benefits of FHIR, implementation plans for electronic quality reporting using FHIR, roadmap goals, and stakeholder readiness. CMS also recently collaborated with Health IT Vendors to conduct a pilot implementation of FHIR for quality with a vision to streamline the future of quality submissions across our programs and will share pilot results and next steps.
The webinar recording ‘Advancing Technology for Quality Reporting at CMS: Burden Reduction and FHIR’ can be found on YouTube and slides are available on the Electronic Clinical Quality Improvement (eCQI ) Resource Center.
The presentation focused on these learning objectives:
- Burden reduction for electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) implementation and reporting
- Understanding the benefits of FHIR for quality reporting
- Identifying resources available to find information about FHIR for quality reporting
- Describing how FHIR can replace current standards for electronic quality data capture and reporting
- Understanding CMS’s roadmap for transition to FHIR for quality
CMS invites you to provide feedback by responding to a FHIR Readiness Poll by Friday, August 31, 2020. *Please note, the webinar recording states tso provide feedback by August 8th, but the feedback opportunity has been extended to August 31st.
Submit FHIR-related questions to the eCQI Resource Center team at email@example.com.
Find information about FHIR and other standards on the eCQI Resource Center.